- Half-length PCI card
- Adapts a single-width PMC form factor to PCI/X
- Support 32/64 bit PCI Bus
- Supports both 33Mhz/66Mhz or extended
- Four 64-pin PMC connectors
- Compliant to IEEE P1386.1 Specifications
- Front or rear connection I/O access
- Universal 5V or 3.3V PCI Signaling
- LED indicators to indicate the Power supplies
- No software drivers are required
PCI to PMC is an adapter to install a PMC card into a PCI slot. This card is sometimes known as a carrier or converter PCI to PMC. The card is a universal voltage 1/2 length PCI card, and will fit into standard desktop PC environment. The combination of PCI to PMC and mounted PMC will occupy a single PCI slot. Mechanically, a PMC card fits cleanly on a short-length PCI board, resulting in a highly acceptable delivery solution for desktop applications. It is recommended that this adapter be installed in a standard PCI-based system. Designed to host 32/64-bit PMC card, the PCI to PMC adapter requires no special bridge software to integrate PMC Mezzanine cards in to PCI systems. The extender supports 3.3V and 5V PCI bus signaling. The product will work with 33 MHz and 66 MHz clock speeds, and with 32/64-bit bus width. The carrier card acts simply as an adapter to route PCI bus signals to and from the PMC card through the PCI card slot edge connector. All AT’s PMC cards and those from other vendors are supported. This board provides an easy and low cost solution that enables use of a PMC mezzanine I/O card in a standard PCI computer system. LED indicatorspresent provide detection of PMC card and the power supplies plugged onto the adapter card.
This card is well suited for enterprise router/switch/gateway providers and system integrators. The PCI Express to XMC adapter allows a single width XMC card to be used in a PCI Express slot. The XMC site is VITA 42.3 compatible and supports a single (X1) PCI Express lane. The adapter is completely transparent to PCI Express. It helps to compensate for poor system signal quality by providing adjustable signal equalization and compensation for the high speed PCI Express signals. The P16 connector breakout provides convenient access to all P16 signals through a 78-pin D-sub connector. 20 pairs of signals from P16 are routed as differential pairs to JDP1 so that high-speed IO standards can be used in the cable. Balance 38 signals are provided as single ended. Using the optional power jack to the adapter card may provide more power to the XMC card. The power jack provides +12V to the adapter and powers an on-board 3.3V@3A and 5V@3A. The XMC card is cooled either with a fan or Conduction-Cooling as per VITA standard 20. The bracket mates to standard PMC end brackets and supports an EMI gasket. All connectors from the XMC end bracket are fully accessible. Applications include custom interfaces to XMC P16 connector & multi-card system synchronization and control. No software is required to operate the adapter.
- Mount the PMC card to the PCI adapter.
- Carefully grasp the upper edge of the adapter.
- Align the gold striped edge connector with the expansion slot socket.
- Press the board firmly into the socket.
- Make sure that the metal bracket provided is fixed firmly into the corresponding slot.
- Fast, Simple Expansion
- Fast Integration of COTS or Custom I/O
- Ultra-high bandwidth to/from daughter boards
- One PMC Slot
- 32bit, 33 MHz or 66MHz
- Half size PCI card
- 32 bit PCI 2.1 Compliant
- PMC compliant as per the IEEE 1386 specification
- INTA, B, C, D routed to PCI connector from PMC
- PCI IO Voltage is set by the PCI backplane. VIO is routed from the PCI connector to the PMC
- Standard PCI byte lanes supported for byte, word and long access dependent on installed PMC
- 64 or 32 bit operation supported
LED’s & Test Points
- Power indicator LED’s
- Operating Temperature: -40ºC to +85ºC
- Storage Temperature: -55ºC to +100ºC
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
- No software required
- 1 year limited warranty